7.01.2009

Three Guitarists, a Bassist, a Singer, and a Drummer


  • Artist: Circuit
  • Album: Eau De Humanity
  • Year: 2006
  • Why I picked it up: The cover has a bottle floating in what I assume is the perfume "Eau De Humanity." I wondered what the smell of humanity sounded like... I think.


Circuit is a typical rock band that plays a very classic guitar focused sound, which is full of complex riffs that display the guitarists' talents. The vocalist has the common powerful, mid ranged voice that is found in classic rock. What I find to be the biggest fault in the band is that the bass, drums, and keyboards that are listed in the liner notes are very insubstantial. However, the collection of songs is, nonetheless, very strong. The album contains power anthems, as well as the rock ballads with the changed up slower tempo and dampened vocals. Circuit also has their fair share of harder post-grunge/alt rock songs (with slightly less technical guitar riffs) of the type that filled the late 90s so much.

I guess my final verdict on the "Eau De Humanity" is... that it smells nice?

  • Standout track: Reasoning
  • MySpace: Circuit
  • How much I would've paid: $5
  • Rating: 3/5

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home