6.01.2009

Incus Always Eyes


  • Artist: Incus
  • Album: Fire and Bone
  • Year: 2008
  • Why I picked it up: The cover was a really awesome picture of a flying eye in the middle of a lot of fire. C'mon, that's pretty sweet.


Incus is a very peculiar but excellent band. I knew I had something unique on my hand when my computer returned "Unclassifiable" as the genre (I've decided it counts as "Ethnic", though). Incus's music is influenced very heavily by that of the Middle East, with the same general sound that you would expect. This is mixed with a few more western sounds, creating a hybrid that sounds not unlike some of Beirut's work. It's a little weird, and the lead singer's vocals aren't always as good as they could be, but overall this is a phenomenal work by a band that should receive more publicity than they are.

Also, quick question: since when is "eyes" a verb?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Whale said...

dude, eyes can be a verb

"The tiger eyes the zookeeper suspiciously"

June 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Igor said...

Hmm, good point. Not as the end of a sentence though.

June 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home