3.07.2009

"A Festival of Yesterdays"


  • Artist: Mythril
  • Album: Mythril
  • Year: 1995
  • Why I picked it up: I was hoping to find a nice metal band (look at the album artwork and see if I was close). The font, the insignia, the lightning bolts, the purple, come on.

I was amazingly surprised to find that this album is not metal, in any way. Truly, it feels more Purple Haze than purple lightning. This LP has a very strong classic feel, with the lead singer Cavazzini almost channeling Hendrix from time to time. Calm, soothing guitars (occasionally upbeat, which throws a great change up to the mix) along with simple, downplayed drums, and solid bass lines--combined with the great vocals--make this album far better than what I had expected. The classic rock feel is so great that I could not help but bob my head to the tunes. The funky instrumental--which the liner notes say was recorded in one sitting--at the end puts a perfect finale to the album.

My Thrill is Mythril.

  • Standout track: G-Spot Groove
  • MySpace: N/A
  • How much I would've paid: $10
  • Rating: 4/5

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ahahahah "my thrill is mythril"....

how clever..

but agreed, good album.

-hannah

March 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home